Terumo Cardiovascular Group
How can you ensure hands-on training and sufficient practice for perfusionists, students and clinicians involved in cardiopulmonary bypass surgery?
Simulation for real world experience.
The Orpheus Perfusion Simulator is a technologically sophisticated tool. It goes beyond traditional training to create a life-like simulation of the perfusion experience during cardiopulmonary bypass. It provides trainees with unlimited opportunity to practice emergency situations without the pressure and risk involved in a real-life procedure.
Uses for the Orpheus Simulator
Training of new and experienced perfusionists:
- Perfusion crisis management
- Developing a team approach to cardiac surgery crisis management
Proficiency checking and certification:
- Periodic proficiency reviews for experienced perfusionists
- Confirmation of skills for new hires
Demonstrations and testing of equipment:
- Demonstration of perfusion techniques to surgeons, anesthetists and intensivists
- Evaluation of new circuits and/or equipment